Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

TalkSport Reaction

I know that many Villa fans will have been listening to TalkSport.  The debate on the Villa has got on many people's nerves, including mine.

Darren Gough constantly banging on about how Villa fans want to make every important decision involving managerial positions despite being told more than once that we don't, we just want someone that won't send us spiralling downwards in a sea of dire football.  Lerner seemed to set out a plan when he appointed Houllier to start playing a continental style of football at Villa Park and improvements were visible towards the end of the season.  He has now gone completely the other way by appointing someone famous for his hoof tactics.  It makes no sense!

I have to point out that I'm not a fan of protesting at games as I think the players need 100% support from the fans during games and that protests will just distract them from the job in hand.  However I will not have a go at anyone who is trying to be productive in getting our great club back on the road to success.

Finally I will thank Adrian Durham for actually defending Villa fans and understanding the points that we were actually putting across, unlike Goughie who tore into our fan base and twisted everything we said.

The message is clear and simple

1 comment:

Ian Cutler said...

I've met Darren Gough. He is an utter prat. I don't know what qualifies him to offer such an opinion on our club.