Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

No Representations - How The Mighty Have Fallen

It wasn't too long ago that we had the likes of Young, Milner, Barry and Downing representing England whilst at the Villa.  However one by one they have each gone off to what would be percieved to be 'greater things' and I suppose you can't really argue with that.  They are all going to win trophies at their new clubs, 3 of them have already!  But you can't help but feel that they probably would have done anyway had they all stayed in claret and blue (that case has been made hundreds of times so I won't go into detail!).

So here we are on an international week with not a single Aston Villa representative in the England squad after Bent's withdrawal and that's really quite depressing!  To be honest I'm really not that bothered about England these days, Villa are my only love football wise.  Seeing how the Villa players are getting on is usually the only thing that gets me excited about watching an England game!

I will still be tuning in to the game but with little expectation or interest as I really don't have anything more productive to be getting on with!  I will be on Twitter discussing the game and anything Villa related so feel free to send me your thoughts on whatever and I will get back to you!

No comments: