Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

A Day To Reflect - Not Much Has Changed

So, I've had a day to reflect on the appauling surrender at Tottenham and my viewpoint remains the same.  We all saw the team sheet before the game and knew what the outcome would be.  Even with a team capable of holding out a team like Spurs for 90 minutes I don't agree with those tactics at all.  We are Aston Villa, we are a big enough and good enough team to go out and attack any team in the league.  If we get hammered then so be it, at least we gave it a go.  Playing the way we did we had absolutely no chance of getting a result, at least by throwing everything at Spurs might give them something to think about.

I often say things in the heat of the moment after a poor performance, and last night was the first time I have used the words "Mcleish Out".  Maybe it was a bit premature but that's how furious I was at how he set us up to play.  I knew when he came to Villa that he had been accused of being defensive in the past but he said that with the attacking options at his disposal at Villa he would play dynamic, expansive, attacking football.  But here we are talking about his overly negative tactics making a mockery of our club.

I'm not going to start a whole Mcleish Out campaign just yet, but what I will say is that if he doesn't alter his tactics considerably for the Swansea match then I will start to consider whether I want this man in charge of our club.  Obviously I'm not keen on him anyway but I'm still willing to give him another chance.  Another episode similar to this one will spell the end of my belief in him.  Randy will not sack him, not unless we are in SERIOUS trouble because he has it in his mind that he's the new Sir Alex, but that won't stop the fans in voicing their disgust at his tactics.  ENOUGH DEFENDING, JUST ATTACK!!!

1 comment:

blakebirt said...

Well said mate, I'm in the same boat as you, I wanted to give Big Eck a chance when he first came to the club but if he keeps setting the team up to play the way we did at WHL, he has to go