Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Give Weimann A Chance!!!

I write this for a couple of very simple reasons.  The first one is obviously the fact that Bent is now out for the rest of the season.  The next reason is the fact that everyone who has ever worked or played with him has always given him rave reviews and can't stop banging on about how good a goalscorer he is.

So why not play him!!! As much as I like Gabby he will never be a goalscorer.  I know he has had seasons where he has been in double figures but in terms of goal scoring ability he will never be the best.  Then we have Heskey, need I go on?

But on our hands we have what Darren Bent described as one of the best natural finishers he has seen in a long, long time.  Surely he must be given his chance to prove himself now that the opportunity has arised.  However it wouldn't surprise me to see Big Eck play Heskey as a lone striker!

But lets just wait and see...

1 comment:

Ian Cutler said...

I hope Mcleish gives him a chance. Delfounso also has potential and is a much better finisher than Gabby. We aren't without attacking options even if we play a lone striker with Ireland/NZog in support.

McLeish has given several youngsters a chance; Gardner, Herd, Clark,etc so fingers crossed!