Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Mcleish To Keep Herd Grounded

After a great few games in the holding role, Herd has been the main positive for fans to focus on recently.  However Alex Mcleish doesn't want to heap too much pressure on him so early in his career.  I've been so impressed with him this season, ever since I saw him play right back against Wolves.  He should definately play whenever fit in the holding role and then we can play a couple of attack minded midfielders ahead of him, hopefully Gardner soon!

Here is what Mcleish said:

"What the boys have normally done after a defeat is give me a good reaction.
"We have a tough one at the weekend but I will be looking at possibly freshening things up in any way that I can.

"Guys like Chris Herd are getting a crash-course in the Premier League.

"He was all over the place. He made tackles, got booked, he's an athletic kid but his legs gave away towards the end. If we expose him too much we risk injury.
"To rely on these kids for the whole season is putting a lot of pressure on them.
"He's certainly shown the mental toughness to handle it. He's developing but let's not put too much pressure on him."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, what was the maths homework?
Thanks for the help, very nice blog!
from Andy OR Tom (you will never know)