Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Friday 2 March 2012

Time To Stand Up And Be Counted

As we approach the crunch game against Blackburn this weekend one thing is certain, DEFEAT IS NOT AN OPTION!  If we were to come away with nothing then there is absolutely no doubt we're in a relegation battle.  At the moment we still have an 8 point gap to the bottom three so victory would make me feel pretty confident that we won't get dragged into the mix.  Defeat would be a whole different story though and would leave in a very precarious position with a horrific run of games at the end of the season.

With Petrov back in training I expect Mcleish to go for an experienced side to try and get us out of trouble so I definately expect him to feature.  There is no doubt that we need our captain at a time like this.  With that in mind this is what I expect the team to be:

                            Given

Hutton      Collins      Cuellar      Warnock

                   Petrov        Gardner 
Albrighton                                   N'Zogbia

                            Ireland

                        Agbonlahor

As I mentioned in an earlier post I would love Weimann to get his chance but I can't see him starting such an important game.  I wouldn't however be surprised to see him get a substitute appearance from what Mcleish has been saying about him.  Also good to hear that he is planning to play Ireland as a second striker, in my opinion by far his most effective position and will hopefully be an opportunity that he capitalises on.

As for the scoreline my head is saying 2-1 Blackburn but my heart is going 2-1 Villa with Weimann coming off the bench to score the winner and become an instant hero!

No comments: