Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Sunday 20 November 2011

Optimism Mixed With Fear

It seems so long since my last post.  In fact I think it was just after the 2-1 defeat to West Brom when I last wrote an article.  I must apologise for the lack of posts but it has been a hectic few weeks but I'm committed to making this blog a success so my attention is now fully focussed on giving you, the reader, a good read about all things Villa.  So, let's start with a look ahead to Monday's match with Spurs shall we...

I've just checked the table and noticed that if Spurs win thier 2 games in hand they will rise to 2nd in the table! And the way they are playing it is a real possibility.  I would love to go into this game with confidence but whenever I start feeling optimistic, my mind switches to our full backs.  Warnock against Lennon and Walker is bad enough but when you add Hutton against Bale to the equation, the outlook doesn't look good.  Then they have Van der Vaart, Modric and Parker against Petrov and Herd which just adds to the woes.

On a positive note I definately feel as though we can make chances against anyone now that Gabby and Bent have formed a potentially lethal partnership.  We need Gabby to be at his best to stand any chance of getting something out of the game.  It is a potentially very high scoring game.  Over recent years our games together have been very tight affairs and usually full of drama, but this time around I think we need to rely on Tottenham's midfield to have an off day to make it a close game.  Nevertheless that won't stop me believing we can take all 3 points in great style, no matter how impossible that may seem.  That's the feeling I get before every game and that will never change, so bring it on!

No comments: