Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Friday 23 September 2011

My Thoughts On Mcleish

Before I start posting some proper articles I thought it would be best to let you know where I am in terms of what I make of Mcleish being in charge.

Now, it came as a shock to me, as it did to pretty much everyone, when he was announced as Villa manager. I did feel underwhelmed after some of the higher profile names that were being linked with the job but it has become apparent to me that those names were probably never going to come, and Mcleish was in fact one of only a few respectable options. I wasn't outraged like some people were and certainly never considered protesting against his appointment because I had already come to terms with the fact we are being left behind by the bigger clubs. Mcleish should be able to offer stability and after the year we have had, stability is what I want.

Obviously the start hasn't been ideal and we probably should have had a few more points on the board with the teams we have faced, but there are some positives. The main one for me is that the defence now looks like a unit again after a shocking year last time out. Richard Dunne looks like a completely new player, possibly even better than his first season for us. Also his compatriot Shay Given has been a revelation! We all knew he was a very talented goalkeeper but I dont think many of us realised just how good he is, in many peoples minds an upgrade from Big Brad. Gabby Agbonlahor has been given a new lease of life under Mcleish after his horrid time under Houllier and we are starting to see the emergence of a player that I rate very highly, Barry Bannan.

So overall I am going to give my full support to Mcleish as I believe that throwing constant criticism does more harm than good. I won't criticise people who do express negativity towards him as I believe that everybody is entitled to their opinion and I look forward to hearing those opinions. I try to stay positive as much as I can but I tend to give a more balanced view and let others draw their own conclusions.

2 comments:

Douglas said...

good luck with the blog, its always nice to read fresh material about the mighty villa!

Dave said...

haha thanks Douglas mate. Ill try not to disappoint!