Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Player Profile - 6. James Collins


Brought in on the same day as fellow centre back Richard Dunne, those 2 formed a formidable partnership in their first season.  However in the next season, Collins along with Dunne seemed to fall from grace.  The spa bust up and several below par performances are what people will remember him for that season.

However he scored key winners against Blackpool and Newcastle to secure vital points which can't go unnoticed.  This year he seems to be back on form, throwing himslef at any ball coming his way.  He's arguably one of the bravest men I have seen in a Villa shirt over recent years.  His major flaw which I'm sure almost all Villa fans will agree with me on is his long ball tendancy.  He is known in my section of the crowd as "Hoofer Collins" and I'm sure we aren't the only people to call him that.  I suppose you could say that at least he doesn't give away the ball trying to fanny about at the back, but he needs to learn how to pass the ball into midfield instead of automatically looking for the striker.

The reason I haven't gone into loads of detail about him is that his story is almost identical to Dunne's who I posted yesterday so I don't want to sound like repeating myself.

Rating 7.5/10

No comments: