Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Hutton Settling Well And Praises Mcleish

Alan Hutton has been at Villa for almost a month now and here he is speaking of how well he has settled into his new club.  He also mentions how Mcleish has been a good man motivator in the camp and how his influence is growing around the training ground.

Hutton said:

“He’s been there, done it and got the t-shirt if you like,” said Hutton. “He was a fantastic footballer himself, so just the guidance will help, he’s a strong character.

“When I was struggling as a player or having a dip in form he would always encourage you. I think as a team you want a man who you can always go to and I think Alex is like that.”

Asked if McLeish’s influence was growing around the Bodymoor Heath training headquarters, Hutton replied: “Of course. I think he’s been like that wherever he has been. I don’t see why here would be any different.

“We’ve got a great squad here, it’s just about learning what he wants us to do and progressing as a team. I feel I’ve done really well. The boys have welcomed me in and the manager has been great. Personally it’s gone well.

“Obviously we’d like to have won some of the games but other than the Carling Cup, we’ve not lost a game so it’s not too bad so far.”

“I’d always like to say I’m half full, you want to take the positives from each game,” added Hutton. “The fans pay their money and they come to watch the team play free-flowing football, and attacking and everyone doing well.

“We understand that the fans want to be entertained and see goals

“But first and foremost you have to be strong at the back. Our defenders have got lots of experience at club level and national level, but they’ve helped me along so much, always talking to me and helping me.

“They have made it really easy to settle in, they’re always talking to me telling me where to go and I feel like I’ve settled in really quickly.

“I’ve just come here, I hadn’t played a lot of games before so it’s about getting my fitness up. But the manager knows what I can do and he knows what I’m capable of, and my fitness is starting to come back now.”

No comments: