Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Bannan Targets More Goals

After finally bagging his first Premier League goal at the weekend, Barry Bannan has targetted more.  He spoke after the QPR match about the weight lifted off his shoulders now that he has his first goal in the top flight.  I'm delighted for him now that he can just relax and get into his groove and hopefully become a bit of a goal getting midfielder, something we lack since the departure of one James Milner.

This is what Bannan had to say:

“I’ve been trying so hard, I’ve been dying for a goal.

“There’s been people, not questioning, but asking when I’m going to score – my dad, mum, girlfriend. That will always stay with me, that goal.
 “Obviously I wanted the ball. Any chance to score, free-kick or penalty, I’ll be there asking to take it. I wasn’t nervous at all.

“I knew where I was going when the referee said it was a penalty. No-one’s going to change my mind, even if I think the keeper is going to go there.

“I’d made my mind up that if I hit it right it would go in. I wouldn’t say I was nervous, I was looking forward to celebrating really.

“That’ll go to the grave with me, that’s one of the biggest moments of my career and hopefully now, as I said, I can go on a run and get more goals for this team.”

No comments: