Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Time To Kick On!

After a steady yet unspectacular start to the season, Alex Mcleish wants Villa to kick on now and start to pick up more points, whilst also saying he is a bit annoyed at not having picked up more points already this season. Most Villa fans I think will be in agreement that we feel as though we should have had at least a couple more victories so far. The games where we took the lead, Newcastle and QPR, were particularly annoying dropped points from my point of view.

Mcleish said:

“I’m greedy – I feel we should have more points, I really do, but I can’t be too critical of the players,”
“It’s about building on the identity they have tried to impose over the past few weeks, the mental toughness, the never say die, the going right to the very end.

“We’ve seen a lot of these characteristics since the start of the season. This latest victory should not do them any harm in terms of belief and confidence.”

“The players have been very keen to get results for my staff and myself because we have a good relationship,”

“There may have been a bit of anxiety in that respect. But it’s a work in progress. This job is a fantastic privilege.

“I have been lucky in the game. I started at 17. I am now at one of the big clubs in English history and it’s an honour and I am determined to get it right.”

No comments: