Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Sunday 4 March 2012

8 Point Gap - No Chance Of Relegation

After watching Fulham's 5-0 drubbing of Wolves I thought to myself that with not long to go in the season, 8 points is surely a big enough gap to keep us from the relegation dogfight.

Wolves look so so poor with a manager still learning the ropes, surely they are doomed.  Wigan looked dreadful at home to Swansea and surely they have used up their 9 lives by now.  Blackburn can't even keep a clean sheet at home to Villa which tells it's own story!  QPR still haven't found their feet under Mark Hughes which I must say has surprised me.  Then there is Bolton who have been poor all season and have never really looked like going on a winning run.

So with just 11 games to go can you really see at least 3 of the teams below us overhauling an effective 9 point gap if you look at goal difference?  I certainly can't!  I would be surprised if we needed anything more than just 2 or 3 more points if that due to the garbage that is sitting below us.  I know we have a tough run to the end of the season but even we're not that bad that we will not be able to pick up 3 points in 11 games are we?  I bloody well hope not!

One thing is for sure though, if Mcleish is still here next season then I really don't fancy our chances of survival.  But for now, I'm pretty confident of securing Premier League status next year.  We certainly can't afford to relax, but if we can just scrape a few more points we have absolutely nothing to worry about this season.

No comments: