Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Mcleish Impressed By Strike Duo

There is no arguing that against Wigan on Saturday the partnership of Gabby and Bent started to look very dangerous, earning various rave reviews from the media. Today it was the managers turn to praise them.

He said:

“Gabby was very understanding of Darren’s prowess and fully understood why we were still persevering with Bent through the middle,”

“You’ve got to hold your hand up to that. The guy had scored a lot of goals previously with Sunderland. But I’m glad Gabby has shown magnificent fight to get himself into this team because I know he loves Villa.

“I’ve got a gem on my hands if I can keep improving him. I heard Gabby added muscle last season. He’s a powerful beast with great feet. He’s a kid that can get even better.”

“Can they play together? Definitely, Benty’s role slightly changes when they are a partnership in that they try to dovetail each other and help each other when we are against the ball.

“I can’t just have one guy chasing back all the time. But Benty put in a real shift having been out for a few weeks, which is why we put the subs board up with 20 to go.

“Gabby has that frightening pace. Benty would love to have that extra asset. Darren is no slouch, he is quick enough, but he wins a lot of the aerial jousts.

“If the two of them can continue to make the ball stick then great because that’s where we’ve not been 100 per cent in the last few weeks.”

No comments: