Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Sunday 2 October 2011

Villa's FIFA Status

Time for a bit of a different post. FIFA 12 was released earlier this week and I was really looking forward to seeing what Villa's player ratings are. However when I found out, I was extremely disappointed. The first thing I noticed was that for the first time in a long time we have fallen from 4 and a half stars to just 4 stars. I kind of expected that with the loss of Young and Downing but I was very surprised to see just how poorly they rated our current players.

The defence was as you would expect and I'm fine with that but when we got higher up the pitch I was surprised with what I saw. I know that Delph is far from the finished article but I think that to go from 76 last year to 73 this year is just wrong. He is better now than 12 months ago so for him to go down so much is ridiculous. Also Bannan is only 73 when he showed great potential last year and is starting to fullfil it this season. Im sure when there is an update, his rating will be substantially higher, it certainly deserves to be.

Gabby is down to 75 which was understandable after his poor form last season although I'm sure that when there is an update he will shoot up close to 80 after his performances so far this season. The last player I'm going to mention is certainly going to be distraught when he sees his rating. Emile Heskey has slipped to a new low of 71! This is the rating of what you would expect to see in the Championship and I think, on a serious note, he deserves a lot more than that.

I know that this is completely irrelevant to what's actually going on with Villa in the real world but I just felt it would be nice to write about something like this for a change. Feel free to let me know what you think of it and what your initial thoughts on FIFA 12 in general are...

No comments: