Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Young Remenisces On Time At Villa

Former Villa favourite Ashley Young gives his view on his time at Villa and thankfully jas nothing but praise for him.  I loved Ash when he was at Villa and unlike Downing and Barry, I respect his decision to move away to further his career.  He had served his time at Villa and he chose the best move for his career and I have no problem with that.

He said:

"I can't say a bad word about Villa,"

"I only have fond memories.

"Everyone was brilliant to me - the chairman was fantastic but he could tell I was an ambitious person.  

"I joined Villa to play in Europe and challenge the top four. We did that - we played in Europe and made the top six for three seasons in a row - but I just felt the time was right to move on."

"I was concentrating on football all the time, nothing else, and that showed," he continued. "I was putting in good performances, even if the team were in the relegation mix for a while.

"Every time I put on that Villa shirt I would always give 100 per cent to try and get us up the table.

"I was asked 100 times if I was leaving but I was fully focused on football, certainly not my next move"

No comments: