Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Saturday 8 October 2011

That Matchday Feeling

So the weekend is here but I can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed at the prospect of two days off. The reason for this is that there is no Premier League football to get excited about, or more importantly, no Villa action. None of that anticipation of what might happen in the next 90 minutes, the excitement of scoring a goal, the pain of conceding a goal, the anger towards a dull match, the thrill at seeing an explosive game of football. All of these emotions are part of the match day feeling and I wouldn't trade a single one.

The England game yesterday should have been something that would get me excited, the prospect of my nation qualifying for the next major championships. Sadly however I couldn't have been more disinterested in it. I was so disinterested that I even forgot it was on until I was texted by a friend to tell us we had scored, to which my reaction was very care free. I try to get excited in International football but it simply doesn't come close to my love of Aston Villa and the Premier League.

The International break is, to me, just an annoying hinderance to the proper action that we are all looking forward to. That's why most of us watch the Internationals just praying that our players come away unscathed so they are fully fit for our club's next fixture. Perhaps I'm speaking for the minority but that is just my honest opinion, there is no feeling greater than that Villa match day feeling.

No comments: