Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Gabby As Good As Ronaldo???

Stan Petrov has come out today and claimed that our very own Gabby Agbonlahor is in the same bracket as Cristiano Ronaldo! Now I know that Gabby is playing some great stuff at the moment but come on! To claim that he is in the same bracket as arguably the second best player in the world is ridiculous, all Gabby has done is destroy Wigan's defence, WIGAN'S DEFENCE!

Don't get me wrong, I love Gabby and I think he is the key to our season, and I know he has played well against other teams this season but we haven't come up against top quality opposition yet so the Man City game will tell us a lot more.

Petrov Said:

"People talk about Ronaldo, but when you look at the assets of Gabby, you can put him in the same bracket,"

"I have always said to him, 'You don't know how good you are and the ability you have'. He can take this Premier League by storm. Not many people have what he's got.

"He has the strength, the speed, he scores goals and he creates them. I'm trying to give him the encouragement. I thought Gabby was absolutely outstanding in the win over Wigan. That's the Gabby we know, taking people on. Players are so scared of his pace. The game against Wigan was all about Gabby. He was brilliant."

No comments: