Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Player Profile - 9. Darren Bent


I've been looking forward to doing this Player Profile since I started the blog! The reason is simple, there is pretty much nothing negative to say about him so far. He was bought when we were in a crisis, possibly a panic buy, but he was totally worth every penny that we payed for him. He single handedly kept us in the league last season with a series of crucial goals. He had an unforgettable debut as he scored the winner against a team that Villa fans in particular have grown to hate. He grabbed 2 goals against Arsenal aswell in a fantastic victory at the Emirates.

This season he has only scored 2 goals compared to Gabby's 4, however I think that our whole team is starting to turn a bit of a corner on the chance creation front which will undoubtedly lead to more Bent goals. He will never be a team worker and track back all the time but as long as he gets the service, the goals should start to flow which is something we have needed for a long time now.

Rating - 8.5/10

No comments: