Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Mcleish To Tinker With Formation

After deploying a successful diamond formation against Wigan, Mcleish has stated that he will continue to assess upcoming opponents and modify the formation accordingly.

He said:

“These guys were all I thought at a very good level which helped us win the match.”

“You have to get the midfield right if you are playing a two up front,” he explained.

“Sometimes you can be exposed in central midfield with an extra midfielder playing against you.

“A lot of teams will strive to get control of the midfield, enabling you to control the game and tempo.

“We’ve tried to find ways of getting the two of them in without it hurting our midfield.”


Darren Bent had this to say:

“We still looked solid at the back, our defence is probably up there with the best of them in the Premier League in my opinion.

“The midfield was good and Stevie Ireland playing in there made a big difference. He can get on the ball and sees things. I thought he played well and there is no doubt we can play well and get results with this formation.”

No comments: