Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Saturday 22 October 2011

West Brom: PREVIEW

Match day is upon us once again, and we are back at the home comforts of Villa Park.  The fact we are at home makes me think we should be going out all guns blazing to try and win this one.  After the submission at Man City I'm sure Eck will have the players fited up for this.

Despite this, I can't see there being many goals in this one.  West Brom are generally a solid team under Roy Hodgson and, apart from last week, so are we.  I'm expecting a very close faught game and predicting a 1-0 home win with Gabby grabbing the goal. 

In my previous post I stated what team I would like to see being played but this is what I think Mcleish will go for today:

                     Given

Hutton  Collins  Dunne  Warnock

                    Petrov

        Bannan           Delph

                     Ireland

               Gabby    Bent

It will be similar to the diamond we played against Wigan and I for one wouldn't be too disappointed to see that.  It seemed to work well last time so it deserves to be given another chance.

All in all I think we need to win today to give us a bit of a boost.  As we all know, we are drawing too frequently and even though a draw against the Baggies isn't bad, I feel it is needed.

No comments: