Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Sunday 16 October 2011

Agbonlahor Could Be A Superstar - Angel

Old Aston Villa favourite Juan Pablo Angel has come out and said how well he feels Agbonlahor is playing and says that he has all the attributes to make him a world class player.  I think this is replicating what most Villa fans are thinking after watching his performances so far this season, and hopefully Juan Pablo is correct in his belief that he will become a superstar.

He said:

“I do remember him from my time at Villa but he was only a young player who made his debut when I was there,”

“It was hard to tell whether he would make it.

 “He had everything to make him a superstar, most of all the one tool that is extremely important in the modern game, which is his speed.

 “But he was still young and at the end of the day it was up to him.

 “It was hard to tell whether he was going to be a world class player or not.

 “He started to become more involved with Martin O’Neill and he has now developed into a more mature player.

 “What I have seen in him this year is very encouraging.

 “I’m sure he would have been disappointed with having the season he had last year.

 “Now he has something to prove. He’ll want to be back in the England frame and he’ll want to give himself the chance to be the player he wants to be.”

 “His speed is always going to give him a good chance to start with,”

 “He has the tools but it’s up to him how much he wants to improve and how willing he is to do the things he has to do to become a world-class player.

 “He’s in an environment and a league that will give him all the opportunities.

 “He looks a lot stronger now. When I saw him at the beginning of last year, I noticed he had put on some weight in terms of muscles and strength.

 “I guess if he knew that speed wasn’t enough he wanted to become more powerful too.

 “He’s giving himself every opportunity and you can tell he is more confident using his body because he will not get out-muscled.”

No comments: