Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Sunday 9 October 2011

Kevin MacDonald to Forest?

I've heard rumours today that Kevin MacDonald is being lined up to take over at Nottingham Forest after the departure of Steve Mclaren. I think he would do a very good job at Forest and if he was to leave then I wish him all the best because he has been a great servant to Villa over the years and he deserves a shot at management.

However the more selfish side in me would absolutely love him to stay. He has done wonders to our youth development over the years and most recently has nurtured talents such as Barry Bannan and Ciaran Clark. He gave these players a chance to show what they can do after MON left and he showed us that we have got some very good young players indeed. This season he has been promoted to the first team in an attempt to try and help the younger players settle into the squad and so far it appears to be working. If he was to leave I've got no idea what effect it would have on the team but it certainly wouldn't be a positive. In the short spell he had in charge it was clear to see that the whole team loved him and respected him, which is a great trait to have.

In my honest opinion I think he will stay. He seems to have formed such a close attachment to the youngsters coming through that I think he will want to stay with them until he has taken them as far as he can. I just hope I'm right!

No comments: