Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Sunday 23 October 2011

An Injustice Cost Us

You all know what I'm talking about.  Chris Herd's sending off was an absolute disgrace.  There is absolutely no way it was a red card, or a penalty for that matter.  The fact that Olsson didn't react to the so called stamp tells the whole story.  He didn't stamp on Olsson, he was just trying to free himself from him quickly which required him to do what he did.  For once though I'm not blaming Phil Dowd for this one, it was all down to his linesman.

What followed after that was inevitable.  I feel that if we had kept 11 men on the pitch then we would have taken all 3 points from the game.  We were looking good, had the lead and everything was going to plan.  Herd added the presence in midfield that we haven't had since Reo-Coker.  He must have been devastated with being sent off but I'm totally confident it will be recinded and he will be availible for our next match.

For me, Herd is a must start because he is the only player in the squad capable of putting himself about and get in the faces of the opposition.  If we give him a run of games I reckon he can turn into a key player in terms of winning midfield battles which is where we have been lacking recently.  I would love to see him in a 3 man midfield with Clark (instead of Petrov) and Bannan.  Youthful but with a lot of potential.

Next week I would like to see:

                      Given

Cuellar  Collins  Dunne  Warnock

                      Clark

            Herd          Bannan

Albrighton                      Agbonlahor

                        Bent

Hutton left out for obvious reasons, the main one being he is crap.  Cuellar is usually a solid defender and did well at right back a couple of years ago so I would lov to see him replace Hutton.  The 3 man midfield should mean we don't get overrun, therefore seeing mor of the ball.  Albrighton can give us much needed width and Gabby has already shown how good he can be on the wing.

Overall, despite the loss there are positives to take, but only if Mcleish chooses to act on them.  Unfortunately I feel as though he will revert back to Heskey and the whole experience will be for nothing.  Only time will tell...

No comments: