Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Thursday 20 October 2011

Which Way Forward

There has been a lot of debate over the last few games about Mcleish playing the wrong formation and the wrong players in the wrong positions etc. This begs the question though, what formation do we think would be the best way forward?

Ive thought long and hard about this for a while now and tried to take into consideration everything I have witnessed so far this season. The key thing for me is to get players playing in their natural positions where they know their jobs and can just focus on playing rather than trying to please the manager by sticking to his position. After considering all the possibilities I have come up with 2 line-ups that I would like to see be given a go.

Option 1

Given

Hutton/Herd Collins Dunne Warnock

Petrov/Clark

Jenas (if fit) Bannan

Ireland

Bent Agbonlahor

Option 2

Given

Hutton/Herd Collins Dunne Warnock

Clark/Petrov

Ireland Bannan

N’Zogbia Bent Agbonlahor

The first option is kind of what we saw against Wigan but with a couple of personnel changes. It seemed to work well in that game but perhaps that was just down to Wigan being a very poor team. The second option potentially offers a bit more width if Gabby and Zogs pull out wide but I appreciate that they both like to cut in so perhaps Albrighton might be a better choice instead of N’Zogbia.

All in all there are so many possibilities that we are all going to have our own preferences on what we believe is the right formation to take us forward. Those are my choices, but I would love to know what everybody else thinks.

No comments: