Welcome to Everything Villa, the blog which will keep you up to date with the latest news regarding Aston Villa Football Club. I am a life long supporter and currently own a season ticket in the Upper Trinity. Also please feel free to follow me on twitter, my username is @EverythingVilla and I will reply to any tweets sent to me.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Player Profile - 8. Jermaine Jenas


Well what can I say about Jermaine Jenas? He joined us on loan in January until the end of the season and I think the main question is will he stay injury free long enough to get on the pitch? So far he has injured himself on the eve of match day twice, the latest of which will keep him out until November, which begs the question of whether he will ever be able to stay fit enough to play a sustained run of games.

Now enough of the negatives and on to what I think of him as a player. As Alex Mcleish said, you don't get several England caps without having ability. I honestly believe that he could be the athletic midfielder we are lacking whilst persisting with Petrov and his 50 year old legs. If Jenas can turn into the driving force of our midfield I think we would be a much better side.

Now I have been giving the rest of the squad a rating but it's impossible for me to rate someone who hasn't played a single game for the club so I will not rate him right now. If he gets a few games under his belt later in the season I will come back and rate him but for now I will leave it and just hope he recovers.

Rating - N/A

No comments: